Ski Childcare in Tignes
Knowing your child is safe and being cared for by qualified childcare staff allows you to have a more enjoyable day on the mountain. Below is a list of options of ski childcare in Tignes.
In Chalet Childcare
- www.snowangelnannies.co.uk - Excellent childcare facilitates a fantastic break for families, but the wrong, or no-childcare can make for a disastrous one! Snow Angle Nannies will always ensure a marvelous time is had by all. Happy children make for happy parents. Children will be introduce to many fun and traditional activities such as snowman building, sledging and snowballing. Arts and crafts are also part of the excitment the Snow Angel Nannies provide. All activities are age-relevant and the service is so flexible that your children can be bought to meet you during the day for lunch/hot chocolate on the mountain. t: +44 (0) 750 926 55 64 / e: firstname.lastname@example.org
- www.snow-babies.com - A great company who provide private nannies to the chalet each day you require. Snow Babies are extremely flexible and can tailor your holiday needs around them. They can also provide a Baby Consumables service, which means you can pre-order bulky items such as nappies and they will deliver to the chalet door. You can also hire buggies from Snow Babies. t: +44 (0) 7736 838 390 / e: email@example.com
- www.jellyandice-cream.com - Jelly and Ice Cream provide private nannies and a babysitting service day and night in Tignes. They can also provide childcare for groups and will prepare lunches and snacks according to the parents requests. e: firstname.lastname@example.org / t: +33 (0) 6 79 76 95 95
- www.alpinechildcare.com provide a child minding service with English speaking carers and will look after your children in the chalet. They offer hourly, half day, full day or full week. You can usually get to know your nanny before you arrive. Please contact them directly on the details below to book. e: email@example.com
t: + 44 (0) 1271 328132 / + 44 (0) 7791 078787
Out of Chalet Childcare
- Les Marmottons -Offer full or half day childcare and can be booked through our ski school partners Snocool.The perfect start for any children wishing to learn to ski! Les Marmottons is a childcare club where your children can get their first taste of snow and skiing through play. It’s to give children from 2 and a half years old to 10 their first steps onto snow and into ski's. You can choose half day or full day childcare mixed with beginner skiing and with lots of different activities planned to keep the children entertained whilst you can explore the magnificent Tignes ski area. We work closely with our friends at Snocool who provide us with Les Marmottons childcare.
NB - it is important to make sure that you have secured your childcare prior to arriving at the resort (ie - paid a deposit or have written booking confirmation) as otherwise there may not be availability, depending on how busy your week is.
In the first instance please call direct to your preferred childcare providers and should you have any difficulties we are always here to help on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dressing for the mountain
As we all know it can be extremely cold in alpine environments, but still, we can get very warm. The aim is to stay warm, but not overheat. The best way to do this is to wear layers. This means you can easily change you body's temperature by adding layers if too cold or taking a few off if hot.
Ski Clothing for Children
Children require similar needs to their clothing as adults! But still make sure that your child has a warm hat, waterproof ski gloves, a snowsuit (or jacket with snow skirt and sallopettes), sunglasses and/or goggles and suitable socks. We highly recommend that children wear a helmet whilst on the mountain. Ski schools may not take children if they are skiing without, but you can hire helmets from a rental partners.
In addition, you will more than likely need the following;
- Easily layered clothes – vests, t-shirts, fleeces (easy to dry!) etc
- Bottles/formula for babies
- Sterilisation equipment for bottles
Preparing children for the snow each morning
-A big hearty breakfast is the key! Make sure they have eaten a lot of carbohydrates because staying warm and energetic requires plenty of fuel.
-Layer Up! Lots of thin layers are better than one thicker option.
-Proctection from the sun. Apply high factor sun cream and keep re-apply even if it's a cloudy day.
-Stock up! Provide them with plenty of snacks and liquids for ski school to keep their energies up!
Family Safe Holidays
Family Safe holidays allow your to store important information in an online account that can be used in an emergency. An 'online safety deposit box' stores emergency contacts, photo's of family, travel itineraries, medical conditions, passport numbers and other important information that may be needed in a hurry. CLICK HERE for more information and to register free of charge.